Tuesday, March 16, 2010

We Are Whats Left...

Recently I've been having some people ask me about the viewpoint or idea I have regarding Christianity, Christ, or spirituality. I figured I outta write my thoughts, and then I remembered that I already did back in September last year. As I shared them with our team, they believed in them enough, that we designed our Remnant T-Shirt with the words in them. (btw, they are $10 & $3 of every shirt goes to Haiti Relief) Here is the overall message of love, Christ, hope, & real revival as I understand it.

"For years people have been walking away from Christianity, and for good reason too. The message of love has no heart. The message of Grace has too infrequently been used by His followers. The voice of God is muted by judgmental elitists who condemn and yell at those 'in sin.' The sound of a people who worship together is silenced by the noise of racial indifference. Remnant is a people who've not bowed their knee to another god, even the god of religious Christianity. We love those we don't understand. We celebrate everyone because we believe that everyone matters. To us, church is not a place, its a people. We are the church. Remnant is a people who think Jesus meant it when he said: love your neighbor as yourself, and they will know you are my disciples when you love each other. Its time to redefine what people think about followers of Christ. We need Jesus just as much as anyone else. It's not about what we do, it's about who we are. We Are What's Left from what should have been the message of Christ all along...and theres room for you. Welcome to the family."

No comments:

Post a Comment