Sunday, March 14, 2010

Spirit of Intentionality

The conversations that God wants us to have used to be a part of the biblical culture of the 1st century. Faith wasn't a foreign concept. If someone talked about their belief in god, its wasn't like they were talking about sex w/ their parents in the next room. No one whispered about it. It was normal. It was healthy. It was spiritual. It was a part of everyday life. I wake up. I brush my teeth. I tie my shoes. I talk about God with my friends & coworkers. I learn about myself & what God wants from my life. Crusades, Slavery, Hate, Bigotry, Judgmental Beliefs, September 11, Jihad, etc are all phrases that remind me of reasons why faith can sometimes have an ugly sense to it. I believe God wants to raise up a people who will redefine that feeling. Remnant is a ministry that seeks to live that out in a real-world scenario.

I wonder what would happen if we were just normal and introduced God into those talks? If it wasn't to prove a point, to look better than someone, or whatever, but just to be, normal. I'm a human. I care about my world. I have values & standards. I do my homework, sometimes on time. I love my family. I want to get married & stay married to one person. I love to laugh. I want to live a life of purspose & fulfillment. My belief in Jesus, not a religion, is what unites all those passions. I believe he was the perfect example of someone who cared, loved, & stood for whats really right.

I'm believing for Remnant to continue to live out the intentional, normal & passionate pursuit of connecting people to the 'real' love of Jesus. Every conversation that leads someone closer to that real love, is spiritual. And it requires the spirit of intentionality.

No comments:

Post a Comment