Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Who do you resemble?


Its funny how different people can totally look alike, isn't it? I've been told that I look like Owen Wilson and that I also resemble Keith Urban. I'm not sure thats true when I shave, but when I rock the 5 o'clock shadow, even I can see the resemblance.

It makes me wonder how much the inside of me is really reflecting the resemblance of Christ? I know we are the workmanship or masterpiece of Christ, so we tell of his amazing glory. But do I dull that pristine shine? Do I hinder the glow of the Spirit that should radiate from my words, my thoughts, my actions, my desires?

All too often the answer is a resounding yes. I would much rather reflect the beautiful & mysterious purity that comes from living an obedient life than to continually have my own freedom but diminish the power of being a clear reflection of His resemblance.

We are His body. May we continue to strive towards Him through devotion to personal holiness, obedience & always being held by His grace to even begin trying...with our without make-up or a 5 o'clock shadow.

No comments:

Post a Comment